Grand Seiko SBGC221 Chronograph Limited Edition
A Spring Drive model with a sharp, crisp impression combining ceramic and high-intensity titanium
This watch features a luxury sports design and a remarkable new hybrid titanium-ceramic bracelet construction. The flat shape of the case was developed with the aim of making the most of the unique characteristics of zirconia ceramic.
Despite the difficulties of polishing ceramics, the beautifully crafted ceramic edges on the polyhedral shape are polished to a mirror finish and produce the intricate overlapping reflections that are the characteristics of the Grand Seiko design.
The band's combination of these two different materials serves a practical purpose while also accentuating the design. As the zirconia ceramic parts are raised slightly above the level of the titanium, the bracelet is virtually impervious to scratches and will retain its pristine appearance.
The second hand, minute hand, GMT hand, and markers on the white dial are all finished with LumiBrite inserts to ensure high legibility.
- Case : High-intensity titanium and ceramic
- Glass : High definition dual-curved sapphire crystal
- Coating : Anti-reflection coating on inner surface
- Case size : Diameter 46.4mm×Thickness 16.2mm
- Band : High-intensity titanium and ceramic
- Movement : Caliber 9R86 Instructions
- Driving system : Spring Drive
- Power reserve : Approximately 72 hours
- Accuracy : ±1 seconds per day (±15 seconds per month)
- Clasp : Three-fold clasp with push button release
- Water resistance : 10 bar
- Magnetic resistance : 4800 A/m (60 gauss)